Lemon Blueberry Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, lemon juice and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in the blueberries, nuts and lemon zest.
- Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely.
Test Kitchen tips
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 181 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 28, 2019
This best recipe for lemon Blueberry bread ever! The flavor is great. Made a loaf for a friend and she cant wait till i make it again.
Sep 16, 2019
Oh my!! This bread is awesome!! I added some lemon extract to it!! It is so moist and delicious!! I WILL be making this again!!!
Aug 15, 2019
What kind of bread pan are you using glass or metal? I used glass and didn’t adjust anything and it got too dark on the outside before it fully cooked. Had a good taste minus the dark outside.
Aug 11, 2019
This was excellent. Will make again and again.
Aug 9, 2019
This is A Great recipe!! I made it today, fresh blueberries, fresh lemons and zest and walnuts! Delish!! Thank you for this recipe, my 1st time to make a blueberry bread. Definitely will make again. (Sugar for the icing.....confectioners, butter softened, not melted and add a little flour to the blueberries 1st before folding into the batter.)
Aug 8, 2019
Absolutely delicious! Made 2 loaves, froze one. Used freshly picked blueberries. Did not have any 2% milk so I used 1/3 c fat free milk and 2/3 low fat half and half (doubled recipe). Worked fine!
Aug 6, 2019
This is so delicious! It’s a perfect blend of sweet and tart! It was so easy to make and it was very light and moist. I did rolI the blueberries in flour and used 10-X sugar for the glaze. I served it with a scoop of lemon sherbet . What a great summer dessert!
Aug 4, 2019
This lemon blueberry bread was very good. The best way Mom and I can describe the taste is like “blueberry fruitcake” (lol, without all the candied fruit). It has a moist dense texture. I used granulated sugar in the glaze (I see some reviewers used confectioners sugar). The sweetness was perfect. Use fresh lemons for best results.
Aug 3, 2019
I love this bread! If you don’t want your blueberries to sink, freeze them first as I do. I use 3 mini pans and bake for 40 minutes. I haven’t tried the glaze yet because, for me, it’s just right as is.
Aug 3, 2019
Looking forward to baking this, sounds delicious. Thx for helpful tips!