Blueberry Tea Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Whipped cream cheese, optional
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in blueberries and orange zest. In another bowl, beat eggs; add milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with cream cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 154 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 10, 2017
I have been baking this since the recipe first appeared in 1997 and have never had a failure. I bake in 3 medium loaf pans and donate to several non-profit bake sales. It always sells out immediately.
Mar 21, 2017
I thought it was a tasty quick bread. I think it would be good with lemon zest also, in place of the orange. Mine took 65 mins.
Jan 17, 2017
I followed this recipe as it was written. Bread rose beautifully. I admit that when it was cooled and I sampled some of the bread, I felt it tasted somewhat bland! Do you have any suggestions? delowenstein
Jun 4, 2016
Used wild blueberries. To get the nice crunchy top, I sprinkled it heavily with raw sugar before baking. Watch the times, mine only needed about 50 mins and it was perfect. It would be good with lemon subbed for the orange as well.
Apr 15, 2012
My favorite blueberry quick bread recipes. Thanks!
Apr 3, 2010
I have been making this for a few years now and it always gets compliments. I have substituted lemon rind for the orange and use 1 cup of wild blueberries. This recipes doubles very nicely. Yummy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.