- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Whipped cream cheese, optional
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in blueberries and orange zest. In another bowl, beat eggs; add milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with cream cheese if desired.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
1 slice: 154 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.