Lemon Tea Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (8 slices)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- LEMON GLAZE:
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and lemon peel; beat well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Transfer to a 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm bread.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 162 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Aug 19, 2014
This was pretty good. Not lemony enough for me, so I added some lemon juice the second time I tried it. That helped, but I would like a stronger lemon flavor.
Jan 8, 2008
This is really not a bread at all. It is a rich pound cake that makes just enough for two! The cake is subtly flavored, but the glaze adds a real zing!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.