Lemon-Blueberry Tea Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon zest and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; beat into creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice until smooth; drizzle over warm bread.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 226 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 31, 2015
This was very good. Loved the lemon flavor with the blueberry! It was moist and easy. I will definitely be making again!
Sep 2, 2015
I made this recipe for guests visiting for dinner... I watched as it was the first dish to be cleaned off! ha ha ha! No left overs and still requests for more : ) It didn't crumble and was easy to slice. Since I used frozen blueberries, I put the blueberries in the flour mixture and give them a good coating before gently adding liquid ingredients. This keeps the color intact and prevents making the batter blue ; )
Mar 28, 2015
excellent bread- bright citrus flavor, moist for days. This slices nicely, freeze great
Aug 13, 2014
This is awesome bread. The only things I did different were, I added lemon extract instead of vanilla, added 1 TBS lemon rind, because I really like the lemon flavor. I also used coconut milk instead of 2%. This is a keeper and will be made many more times. Thanks for sharing!