Lemon Yogurt Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder. In another bowl, combine the egg, yogurt, oil and lemon juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 177 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Mar 20, 2014
Have this in the oven, baking now. I used Greek pineapple yogurt with small bits of pineapple in it, to which I added some chopped fresh cranberries. Skipped the lemon juice and used an eighth of a teaspoon of almond flavoring and a half teaspoon of vanilla. The batter tasted delicious, and the house smells heavenly. Will make an icing from confectioner's sugar and milk to top it off when it cools. What an easy recipe and lovely welcome to spring!
Aug 13, 2013
I've made this bread several times. It's so easy to change around. Sometimes I use vanilla yogurt add almond extract to personal taste and add one cup blueberries. Another is, try orange flavoring with peach. We use this bread in our strawberry shortcake desert.
Dec 9, 2012
This is a very moist bread, it is one of our favorites
Mar 21, 2010
Added 1 tsp lemon extract to make it more flavorable. It's also good with chopped walnuts. I'm going to try it with bluberry yogurt and vanilla extract too!
Mar 10, 2010
Not near enough lemon flavor, needs lemon extract, or zest.........something.
Jun 19, 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.