Lemon Easter Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
Makes2 loaves (16 slices each)
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, butter, pudding mix, eggs and 3 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Shape into loaves. Place in two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 214 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 14, 2014
I made the dough in my bread machine and baked it at 350 degrees. The texture was great and it looks beautiful. It made one large loaf and two a little bit smaller in disposable loaf pans. I think it needs a bit more lemon flavor and certainly some salt. I'll make it again adding some of each. I added about 1 cup of golden raisins and maybe next time I'll try dried cranberries or cherries. I plan to try this with coconut pudding mix, and maybe cheesecake or butterscotch. There are lots of options.
Mar 29, 2014
Love this ,,, I add some lemon rind and orange rind to the mixture also.. And use the juice and rind from both for frosting. It is sooo delish. Gone in my house in no time
Jul 14, 2011
I made this bread in my bread machine. It is super tasty with Honey Butter
Apr 6, 2009
any chance this can be made in a 2# bread machine?