Raisin Cinnamon Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makes1-1/2 dozen, 18 servings, 1 per serving
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup hot brewed coffee
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 5 teaspoons water
- In a large bowl, combine butter and brown sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in coffee. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to the coffee mixture until blended. Stir in raisins and pecans.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile for icing, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough water to achieve spreading consistency. Spread over warm bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 158 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 10, 2015
Iced these with almond flavored icing and wow, these are the exact bars I grew up with that Mom always made for the holidays and never wrote down the recipe. Have tried many recipes but this one is the one. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.