Golden Raisin Cookies
"Since my children are grown, I make these light butter cookies for the neighborhood kids," relates Isabel Podeszwa of Lakewood, New Jersey.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 package (15 ounces) golden raisins (2-1/2 cups)
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add lemon juice and eggs. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in raisins. Roll into 1-in. balls.
- Place on greased baking sheets; flatten with a floured fork. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 161 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Golden Raisin Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 1997