Golden Raisin Cookies
"Since my children are grown, I make these light butter cookies for the neighborhood kids," relates Isabel Podeszwa of Lakewood, New Jersey.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 package (15 ounces) golden raisins (2-1/2 cups)
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add lemon juice and eggs. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in raisins. Roll into 1-in. balls.
- Place on greased baking sheets; flatten with a floured fork. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 161 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Golden Raisin Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.