Chocolate-Covered Raisin Cookies
My family loves these moist, chewy cookies. They're a year-round treat at our house...a batch never lasts long. —Karen Bourne, Magrath, Alberta
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate-covered raisins
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cereal, raisins and coconut. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 188 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate-Covered Raisin Cookies in Country Extra May 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.