Sour Cream Raisin Squares
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture (mixture will be crumbly).
- Set aside 2 cups; pat remaining crumbs into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine filling ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 5-8 minutes. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Bake 15 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 414 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
May 6, 2016
Very tasty recipe and easy to put together. I used dried figs in place of the raisins.
Jul 4, 2011
The topping was as irresistible as the moist and flavorful filling. All the taste of a sour cream & raisin pie without all the extra work!
Mar 5, 2011
So good a friend had me make for her for her Christmas dinner I have given recipe out to several people all whom loved recipe
May 11, 2010
I was out of raisins and substituted Craisins instead. I think any dried fruit would be fine. These are great, flavorful, very rich, & dense bars. Excellent recipe that is a keeper for sure!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.