Sour Cream Raisin Squares
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture (mixture will be crumbly).
- Set aside 2 cups; pat remaining crumbs into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine filling ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 5-8 minutes. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Bake 15 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 414 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 6, 2016
Very tasty recipe and easy to put together. I used dried figs in place of the raisins.
Jul 4, 2011
The topping was as irresistible as the moist and flavorful filling. All the taste of a sour cream & raisin pie without all the extra work!
Mar 5, 2011
So good a friend had me make for her for her Christmas dinner I have given recipe out to several people all whom loved recipe
May 11, 2010
I was out of raisins and substituted Craisins instead. I think any dried fruit would be fine. These are great, flavorful, very rich, & dense bars. Excellent recipe that is a keeper for sure!