Black Forest Tart
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until thickened, about 4 minutes. Blend in chocolate mixture. Stir in flour and mix well.
- Pour into crust; spread evenly. Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Spread pie filling over the top.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and cream; stir until smooth. Cool for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drizzle over tart. Chill until set.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 411 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 6, 2017
A wonderful dessert recipe! Brought this for an office potluck and it was a big hit! Great chocolate flavor.
Jan 26, 2016
This was not only beautiful, it was delicious and not overly sweet
Dec 20, 2014
I made this and took it to an Oktoberfest party. The guests voted my dessert as the best and I won a beautiful traveling German stein. I would definitely make this again, it was delicious!
Jun 20, 2011
So Good! It's surprisingly not over the top sweet like you think it would be...the inside is like a really light, fluffy chocolate cake! The sweetest part is definitely the cherry and I used chocolate graham crackers for the crust instead of wafers and turned out great! Goes great with coffee, huge hit, highly recommend!