Mango Cream Tart
This fresh, luscious tart makes me happy!—Jami Geittmann, Art Director, Taste of Home Magazine
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 cups crumbled soft coconut macaroons (about 12 cookies)
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cookies, almonds and melted butter in a food processor; process until blended. Press onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake until crust is golden brown, 12-14 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. In another bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup honey until combined. Beat in orange juice and extract. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over crust.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, mix preserves and remaining honey. Cook and stir over low heat until melted; press through a strainer. Toss mangoes with lemon juice. Arrange mango slices over filling; add strawberries and blackberries to form the eyes and mouth. Brush with glaze. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 311 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Peaches and Cream Tart in Juicy 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.