Cran-Apple Pecan Crisp
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 cups chopped tart apples
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in the apples and cranberries. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In another bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, pecans and flour; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 244 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 14, 2011
I made this for my contribution to Thanksgiving dinner and it was delicious. After 14 years, I finally have my dish that will be the annual contribution to the meal! Very tasty and the texture is a variety of good stuff!
Nov 28, 2011
Really good recipe. I didn't have enough cranberries so I reduced the amount of sugar and used walnuts instead of pecans, still turned out good. Definitely a keeper.