Ham Slice with Pineapple-Orange Sauce
A juicy ham slice is just as tasty as a whole ham, and it's easier and faster to prepare. Plus, topped with golden pineapple sauce, this dish is so elegant on the table.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 fully cooked ham slice (about 1 inch thick and 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Dash ground ginger
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- In a large skillet, brown ham in butter. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set juice aside. Place pineapple over ham; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, ginger, orange juice, vinegar and reserved pineapple juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Pour over ham and pineapple. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until ham is heated through.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 277 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1544mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Ham Slice with Pineapple-Orange Sauce in Country Woman Christmas 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.