Ham Slices with Pineapple
“My husband is so fond of this dish that I often double the recipe,” reports Donna Warner of Tavares, Florida. “I mix the leftovers with macaroni and cheese and add a can of cheddar cheese soup for a quick casserole.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 2 slices fully cooked ham (3 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons sherry or apple juice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add enough water to juice to measure 1/2 cup; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, lightly brown pineapple and ham. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt butter. Whisk in cornstarch and mustard until smooth. Stir in sherry or apple juice and reserved pineapple juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with ham and pineapple.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 278 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1157mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 fat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Baked Ham Slice in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.