Pineapple-Dijon Ham Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 2 pounds fully cooked ham, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 10 hamburger buns, split
- 10 slices Swiss cheese
- Additional Dijon mustard, optional
- In a greased 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until heated through.
- Preheat broiler. Place bun bottoms and tops on baking sheets, cut side up. Using a slotted spoon, place ham mixture on bottoms; top with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and tops are toasted. Replace tops. If desired, serve with additional mustard.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich (calculated without additional mustard): 396 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1283mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 10, 2016
This combination sounded good, but was a mushy mess of a sandwich. The bread got soggy even though I drained the mixture well and toasted the buns before adding it. The flavor was just ok, and nothing to want seconds of.