Sweet and Sour Ham
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2/3 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup of juice; set pineapple aside. In a large bowl, combine the reserved juice, ketchup, soy sauce and sugar. Add ham and green pepper.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir ham mixture over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until pepper is tender. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in pineapple and heat through. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 320 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 2534mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fruit, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 10, 2018
I found this recipe several years ago when looking for recipes that use leftover ham. This one was a keeper and I now look forward to having plenty of ham leftover.