Apricot Ham Steak
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 fully cooked boneless ham steaks (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash salt
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Cook ham on both sides until lightly browned and heated through. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and remaining ingredients to pan; cook and stir over medium heat until blended and heated through. Serve over ham.
Nutrition Facts1 ham steak: 299 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 1899mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein.
Jan 12, 2015
I have several ham steak recipes, I made this one for dinner tonight and its by far the best. I'll definitely make it again
Mar 12, 2014
I found this recipe disappointing based on the other reviews and how good it sounded. I used a good quality ham steak so that part was fine but the sauce was not flavorful. I would try it again but only if I used a high quality apricot preserve that had more apricot flavor that would hold up when heated. The sauce wasn't overpowering but only tasted sweet.
Jan 13, 2014
Loved it! Just the right amount of sweet with ham and not overpowering.
Aug 7, 2012
Easy quita and yummy!
Apr 9, 2009
I made this with pork loin, it was very good.
Nov 23, 2008
Very good! I used a 1-pound ham steak, which I cut into serving-sized pieces before sautéeing it in the butter, and I added the apricot sauce to the skillet and let it cook gently for a couple of minutes, just to get a nice glaze on the ham. I'll make this again for sure.