Chard & Bacon Linguine
I use Swiss chard every way I can, and that includes stirring it into this breezy linguine. When you’re short on time, this dish keeps life simple. —Diane Nemitz, Ludington, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups chopped Swiss chard (about 6 ounces)
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add broth, wine, salt and Swiss chard to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until chard is tender.
- Add linguine; heat through, tossing to combine. Sprinkle with cheese.
Health Tip: The dark green color of Swiss chard is a clue that it’s an excellent source of immune-boosting vitamin A.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 353 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 633mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 7g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as FAST AND FRESH GARLIC SCENTED LINGUINE AND GREENS in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.