- 1/2 pound thick-sliced peppered bacon strips
- 2 pounds rainbow Swiss chard, chopped
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain on paper towels. Discard all but 1 tablespoon drippings. Cut bacon into small pieces.
- Add chard to drippings; cook and stir just until wilted, 5-6 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; cook 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top with bacon.
1/2 cup: 162 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 655mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.