Chard with Bacon-Citrus Sauce
Chard is a leafy veggie often used in Mediterranean cooking. I dress it with orange juice and bacon, and the family gobbles it up. —Teri Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound thick-sliced peppered bacon strips
- 2 pounds rainbow Swiss chard, chopped
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain on paper towels. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of drippings. Cut bacon into small pieces.
- Add chard to drippings; cook and stir just until wilted, 5-6 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; cook 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top with bacon.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 162 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 655mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as SWISS CHARD WITH ORANGE BACON SAUCE in Taste of Home December 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.