Ham & Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute tomatoes for 1 minute. Reduce heat; stir in cream and cheese. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain linguine; stir into sauce mixture. Add ham; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 523 calories, 30g fat (17g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 644mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Feb 2, 2015
This is very easy to make, and delicious too.
Nov 30, 2012
This was very good. I used packaged sun-dried tomatoes which was drier that oil packed ones and tasted great. I also added mushrooms.
Jan 22, 2010
Quick and easy to make...tastes delicious.
Sep 10, 2009
This is absolutely delicious; however, can you come up with a lighter version? The fat grams in this are way over my limit. I am assuming that is the reason you don't print the nutritional facts in the magazine. Do you think it would be okay to substitute a cup of fat free half and half for the heavy whipping cream and drain the oil from the tomatoes before sauteing them?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.