Lemony Almond-Feta Green Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add green beans; cook, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or until beans turn bright green. Remove beans and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add green beans and almonds; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper; toss to combine. Top with cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 134 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 28, 2018
Just followed recipe and it was wonderful
Jun 21, 2017
I loved this recipe and so did my husband. It was simple to put together and the flavors were amazing. The green beans still had some snap, the almonds added crunch, and the salty tang of the feta was delicious. My son wouldn't eat it, which is odd because he loves green beans, but maybe next time - and there will be a next time!
Dec 31, 2016
Super!!! If you like Feta, you will love this!
Oct 16, 2016
I will make this again. We loved the flavor! Better than just plain green beans.
Aug 9, 2015
Thought this was good. Had to add a little more salt but overall I would make again. I think it would be yummy to try adding some halved grape tomatoes next time.
Jul 13, 2015
This recipe just didn't work for us, maybe I cooked the beans too long? But the feta didn't seem to go with it and no one really enjoyed these flavors together.
Jul 12, 2015
Jul 1, 2015
I would actually like to hear from people who have eaten this recipe… That's what a review is ..
Jun 28, 2015
How can anyone review a recipe before trying it ?
Jun 27, 2015
Please have more recipes like this. I cannot make many TOH recipes because they contain dairy products that are hard to substitute. Would like to see more recipes easy for lactose intolerant people to use--adding suitable substitutes after recipes would be very helpful, especially for things like condensed milk, sour cream, cream cheese, etc. FYI, feta cheese is always okay. I look forward to using this recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.