Egg & Macaroni Salad
Starting with the Old-fashioned Egg Salad, this recipe is modified to be a great pasta salad. This variation pairs pasta with eggs and is brightened by green pepper and pimietos.—American Egg Board, Linda Braun, Park Ridge, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 recipe Old-Fashioned Egg Salad
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- Lettuce leaves
- Paprika, optional
- In a bowl, combine egg salad, macaroni, green pepper, mayonnaise and pimientos. Cover and chill. For each serving, spoon about 3/4 cup onto a lettuce leaf. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
Originally published as Classic Macaroni Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.