Makeover Greek Chicken Penne
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup Greek olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, place tomatoes in a small bowl; add boiling water. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain and chop tomatoes; add to the pan. Stir in remaining ingredients. Drain pasta; add to the pan and heat through.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 343 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 813mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Oct 24, 2016
Someone tends to be picky and not like to try new things... so I cut the recipe in half thinking he wouldn't even try it.... should have made the full recipe!! There is none left!!
Apr 19, 2011
I followed the recipe and loved it.
Oct 8, 2010
Oct 5, 2010
To cut back on the sodium, i used fresh artichoke (baked in the oven), black olives, and made my own Greek seasonings without salt. Will definitely make again using my substitutions.
Sep 2, 2010
Tasty recipe but sodium too high for us so I substituted black olives and half feta/half cubed part skim mozzarella second time I made it. Still great but not so salty. Popular whenever I serve it.
Aug 25, 2010
Love this recipe! So light and fresh!
Jul 22, 2010
We loved it! I added more olives the second time. I got a recipe for Greek spice online. Great mix of flavor. My husband doesn't care for artichokes, but he loved this recipe.
Jun 16, 2010
Very good recipe! I didn’t have the sun-dried tomatoes, I used a fresh tomato, diced and added it last, heating through. I also used almost a full can of black olives drained and sliced. Next time I’m going to add fresh spinach. There are many ways this recipe can be modified.
Jun 16, 2010
Would not make it with that amount of Sodium in each serving. Where is all the sodium coming from? What is Greek Seasoning?
Jun 13, 2010
This looks really good and not bad on the calories, but omgosh what about the sodium. I could never try this recipe because of that.