Penne with Tomatoes & White Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, trimmed
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-7 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Add spinach, olives, salt and pepper; cook and stir over medium heat until spinach is wilted. Drain pasta; top with tomato mixture and cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup tomato mixture with 1 cup pasta and 2 tablespoons cheese: 491 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 1505mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 9g fiber), 19g protein.
Mar 18, 2018
This was amazing! I think this is going to be a weekly dish during the summer. This type of pasta dish would be great with a variety of substitutions. I used cannellini beans, but I would even use chick peas. Any type of marinated olive too.
Aug 17, 2017
Very good.."must have salt and bait of cayenne kick.Do not overlook the pasta..must add a little liquid to moisten.
Aug 16, 2017
This is a wonderful pasta dish! I made it exactly the way it's written and served it with leftover rotisserie chicken. My Italian husband added oregano and more garlic to his but also gave it 5 stars for a basic dish. He wants me to add Italian sausage the next time I make it. Thank you, Trisha!
Mar 15, 2017
This looks delicious! I don't have many penne recipes, so thank you so much for this. :D
Jul 15, 2014
FANTASTIC! My other half is a meat lover but even he told me to make this again.
Jul 13, 2014
This is a great dish! My husband and I really enjoyed it. As "tracyosborn" I also made small changes to accommodate weight watches. I will definitely make this again. It's a keeper.
Jun 3, 2014
This is so good! We have made it two times since the Simple and Delicious magazine arrived a couple of weeks ago. Two meals for the two of us, extra points! Four servings is right for this recipe.
May 28, 2014
Love, love, love this!I made some changes, small changes, to accomodate weight watchers. This is a great dish to try that with. I used crushed tomatoes instead of diced, I used whole wheat penne pasta, 1 tsp of olive oil and I only used one tablespoon of parmesan cheese on my single portion. This was delicious! This was filling! And this was a total do-over!