Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, summer squash, zucchini, mushrooms and garlic in butter until tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, seasonings and cream until smooth; add to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Drain pasta and add to vegetable mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 143 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 24, 2020
I substitute summer squash with baby corns, heavy whipping cream with Tahini Spread. Taste good. Thanks.
Sep 17, 2019
Delicious pasta dish which adapts easily to a variety of tastes. We added more mushrooms and a little extra garlic. Also, doubling the sauce was essential which meant using a half pint of cream.
Mar 22, 2016
Very nice will make again,,,,
Jun 15, 2015
I too thought the thyme was to strong....added more flour and whipping cream to drown it out...then was good so I suggest less thyme or non at all.
May 17, 2015
I made this tonight and didn't care for it at all. I've discovered I hate Thyme. After the first bite I tried adding more sauce because it was so dry but nothing drowned out the strong taste of the thyme.
Aug 13, 2014
I love this recipe - easy and so good. I didn't change a thing. Thanks. I will be making it again.
Jun 1, 2014
This is sooo good. My boys decided they wanted to go vegetarian for a month, and I could really lose some weight. While I was making this I thought it would be good with parmesan cheese, but I tasted it first. No need to add cheese.
Sep 12, 2013
I did double the sauce ingredients (flour, seasonings and cream) because I had added close to twice the veggies the recipe called for. Came out perfect! We will be making this one a lot!
Jan 12, 2012
This dish is excellent. My family requests it every week. Wouldn't change a thing!
Aug 31, 2011
This is delicious. I doubled the thyme and everyone loved it.