Bacon-Wrapped Pesto Pork Tenderloin
I love to serve this family-favorite tenderloin—maybe because of the compliments that come with it! When the weather warms up, we grill it instead. —Megan Riofski, Frankfort, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 10 bacon strips
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 425°. Arrange bacon strips lengthwise in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. pan, overlapping slightly.
- Cut tenderloin lengthwise through the center to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open tenderloin flat; cover with plastic wrap. Pound with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Remove plastic; place tenderloin on center of bacon, perpendicular to strips.
- Sprinkle pepper over pork. Spread with pesto; layer with cheese and spinach. Close tenderloin; wrap with bacon, overlapping ends. Tie with kitchen string at 3-in. intervals. Secure ends with toothpicks.
- In a 12-in. skillet, brown roast on all sides, about 8 minutes. Return to baking pan; roast in oven until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 17-20 minutes. Remove string and toothpicks; let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 402 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 864mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Originally published as Stuffed pork tenderloin in Simple & Delicious February/March 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.