Bacon-Wrapped Pesto Pork Tenderloin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 10 bacon strips
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 425°. Arrange bacon strips lengthwise in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. pan, overlapping slightly.
- Cut tenderloin lengthwise through the center to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open tenderloin flat; pound with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Place tenderloin on center of bacon, perpendicular to strips.
- Sprinkle pepper over pork. Spread with pesto; layer with cheese and spinach. Close tenderloin; wrap with bacon, overlapping ends. Tie with kitchen string at 3-in. intervals. Secure ends with toothpicks.
- In a 12-in. skillet, brown roast on all sides, about 8 minutes. Return to baking pan; roast in oven until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 17-20 minutes. Remove string and toothpicks; let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 402 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 864mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Apr 21, 2019
I made this for our Easter Dinner. We loved the flavor provided by the pesto. Not difficult to prepare either. We will definitely have this recipe again.
Jan 28, 2019
This was soooo good!! And it wasn't hard to make. Loved the flavors inside the pork loin and it was very tender.
Nov 9, 2018
I made this and everyone loves it. I used uncured bacon and smoked Gouda instead. I sprinkle chipotle pepper on the bacon before baking.
Mar 18, 2017
Wonderful!! But I used chicken breast instead of pork tenderloin.