Bacon-Wrapped Beef Filets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 bacon strips
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 beef tenderloin steaks (1 to 1-1/2 inches thick and 6 ounces each)
- Place six bacon strips at a time, on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towels. Cover with another paper towel; microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until partially cooked.
- In a small bowl, combine the sage, rosemary, savory, pepper and salt; rub over steaks. Wrap two strips of bacon around sides of steaks and secure with toothpicks.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Discard toothpicks.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 29, 2019
Exactly the recipe I was looking for. I wanted the bacon crisp and the beef rare. I didn’t add all the herbs and spices, just used salt, pepper and garlic powder. They were perfect!
Feb 28, 2018
Dec 31, 2017
I have not made this yet and I have a question. What is "savory"? The recipe calls for 1/2 teaspoon dried savory. I have no idea what this is. Thanks!