Crunchy Lemon-Pesto Garden Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups thinly sliced yellow summer squash
- 1-3/4 cups thinly sliced mini cucumbers
- 3/4 cup fresh peas
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 5 thick-sliced bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a bowl, whisk together the first 6 ingredients until blended. In another bowl, combine squash, cucumber, peas, Parmesan and green onions. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Top with bacon to serve.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 159 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 586mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Nov 23, 2019
Actually, this turned out to have much more flavor the day after I reviewed it earlier. I enjoyed it much more as a stand-alone lunch and I won't need to use a pond of bacon. Next time I will make it 4-6 hours before serving and let it sit in the fridge so the flavors can develop. It even maintained most of the crispness.