Crunchy Lemon-Pesto Garden Salad
I love using vegetables straight from the garden in preparing this salad. If I pick the squash and cucumbers early enough, their skins are so tender that there's no need to remove them! Best of all, it's easily adaptable—any fresh veggie from the garden can be swapped in with delicious results! —Carmell Childs, Clawson, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups thinly sliced yellow summer squash
- 1-3/4 cups thinly sliced mini cucumbers
- 3/4 cup fresh peas
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 5 thick-sliced bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a bowl, whisk together the first 6 ingredients until blended. In another bowl, combine squash, cucumber, peas, Parmesan and green onions. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Top with bacon to serve.