Garden Vegetable Gnocchi
When we go meatless, we toss gnocchi (my husband's favorite) with veggies and a dab of pesto. I use zucchini in this, too. —Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- Chopped fresh basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, toss vegetables with oil, salt and pepper. Roast 18-22 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook gnocchi according to package directions. Drain and return to pan.
- Stir in roasted vegetables, Alfredo sauce and pesto. If desired, sprinkle with basil.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 402 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 955mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Roasted Vegetable Gnocchi with Creamy Pesto Sauce in Simple & Delicious August/September 2016
Sep 4, 2017
This recipe is easy to make and tasty. I did not add the optional basil, so found it needed some spice. I would double the mushrooms next time. Overall, a good recipe for a meatless dish. Very filling.