Great Garden Veggies
I jazz up zucchini, yellow squash and tomato with cheese and seasonings. The no-fuss skillet side dish is perfect for using summer's bounty. Plus, the veggies are great alongside grilled chicken, fish and most other warm-weather fare.—Chris Schmidt, Clarksville, Tennessee
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, yellow squash and onion in butter until crisp tender. Add the tomato, salt, garlic salt, basil and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 64 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Great Garden Veggies in Quick Cooking July/August 2004
Aug 27, 2011
This side dish makes perfect use of the garden's bounty. I tried it for the first time this past week, and will definitely be making this again. It was easy and had a very nice fresh flavor.