Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes with Pancetta
Classic American mashed potatoes take a trip to Italy with the flavors of olive oil, garlic, and pancetta. —Bryan Kennedy, Kaneohe, Hawaii
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 slices pancetta or bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pancetta in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until crisp. Add garlic; cook for 1 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Drain potatoes and transfer to a large bowl. Mash potatoes with remaining oil. Stir in the parsley, pancetta mixture, salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 206 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes with Pancetta, Garlic, and Parsley in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.