Candy “Onion” Rings
Fool even the most seasoned foodie with this basket of “onion” rings. Graham cracker crumbs coat Twizzlers to create the illusion of deep-fried goodness. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing
- 10 licorice pastels
- 10 pieces Twizzlers Rainbow Twists
- 5 ounces white candy coating, melted
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Place a pastel in the end of a twist. Attach the other end of twist to pastel, forming a ring. Repeat with remaining pastels and twists.
- Place melted coating and cracker crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip rings in coating allowing excess to drip off, then roll in crumbs. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 onion ring: 130 calories, 4g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Onion Rings in Simple & Delicious April/May 2011
Sep 25, 2019
I make molded chocolate. I made a molded chocolate "cheeseburger" and wanted the candy onion rings as a side. I followed instructions as written and they came out perfect. So easy and they taste really good.