Quick Bacon-Wrapped Beef Patties
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 bacon strips
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup crushed saltines
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place bacon on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towels. Cover with another paper towel; microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until cooked but not crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the eggs, saltines, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties. Wrap bacon strips around patties; secure with toothpicks. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Turn patties; top with ketchup mixture. Broil 6-7 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 291 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 1099mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 17, 2010
These burgers are the best! In fact I even used the sauce and put it on top of baked chicken. YUMMO!
Jan 26, 2009
Very good!! They were a little too salty and took a bit longer to cook, but the end result was very tasty!!