Tomato Macaroni Casserole
I dress up cooked macaroni with four flavorful ingredients. This dish is one of my husband's favorites. — Karen Smith, Thornton, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a greased 11x7-in. microwave-safe dish, combine the macaroni, tomatoes and 3/4 cup cheese; mix well. Cover and microwave on high for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes; stir. Cover and heat 45 seconds longer.
- Sprinkle with bacon and remaining cheese. Microwave, uncovered, for 20-40 seconds longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 369 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 739mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Tomato Macaroni Casserole in Quick Cooking January/February 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.