Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 4 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, biscuit mix and lemon zest; stir in pineapple. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Combine biscuit mix, sugar and egg; sprinkle over top. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until browned. Serve warm or cold with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 289 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 12, 2014
This is really good. I used half brown, half white sugar in the pineapple mixture. I'm quite impressed with this. I'd definitely make it again.
Apr 5, 2010
The first time I made this, I shared some with a neighbor. When my container was returned, she had sent a fresh pineapple with it. Needless to say, they really liked it as did my family. So for the next gathering at their home, I made it again. I came home with an empty dish! My only comment is that when you make the "topping", the instructions say to "sprinkle" it over the top. When you have biscuit mix and an egg together, there is no way "sprinkle" it. I dropped spoonfuls and then smoothed it out the best I could. This recipe is a keeper!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.