Fresh Fruit Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 5 to 6 cups chopped fresh fruit (apples, rhubarb, blueberries or peaches)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- Arrange fruit evenly in the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. greased baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk. Spoon over fruit. Combine sugar and cornstarch; sprinkle over batter. Pour water over all. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until fruit is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 204 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 30, 2015
Jun 14, 2011
I followed the recipe and used frozen blueberries and fresh peach chunks - my BBQ party guests loved it! This will be my summer cobbler recipe for all of this summer's fruits. Thanks for sharing it!!!
Oct 14, 2010
Made this for company. I wasn't sure of the recipe because never heard of pouring hot water over a crust before you bake it. It never got brown and even tasted raw yet the fruit was cooked. I even had someone say it looked disgusting and they wouldn't eat it. How embarrassing!!! It didn't taste bad after you added a lot of whipped cream but the raw taste did come through. I shredded this recipe!!
Oct 9, 2010
Excellent--one of the best cobbler recipes I've tried.
Sep 4, 2009
very good, I made it with fresh peaches and we loved it!!
May 25, 2009
This is one of the best fruit desserts I've ever made!