Simple Cherry Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup canned pitted tart cherries
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring cherries and 1/3 cup sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and remaining sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Spread into a greased 3-cup baking dish; pour cherries over the top.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and edges are golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 319 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 3, 2019
This is so simple and delicious. I used Almond vanilla soy milk instead of the 2% in the recipe. If you find the recipe isn't enough servings just double the ingredients. I can't wait to try different fruits. I'll be making this at least once a week. Thanks so much.
Jun 12, 2014
I agree, not enough dough, It is perfect for 2 people, though. Don't think I will make it again
May 17, 2014
Simple, can't go wrong recipe, just enough for the 2 of us with enough left for my husbands lunchbox.
Feb 27, 2013
Nov 8, 2011
I have tried this recipe twice and it seems as tho there isn't enough dough.
Jul 1, 2011
This is a family favorite.
Jun 1, 2011
i was not a fan of this recipe, but it could be that the only cherries I found at the store were sweet, so i want to try again if i can find tart cherries