Pear ‘n’ Apple Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, divided
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears, drained
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg and orange juice until smooth. Gently stir in pie filling and pears. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Keep warm.
- In a medium bowl, combine the biscuit mix, 2 tablespoons sugar, milk and butter just until blended. Pour hot filling into an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Drop batter in six mounds onto fruit mixture. Combine the remaining sugar and nutmeg; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and a toothpick inserted in the biscuit topping comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 352 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 476mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 31, 2012
Very good! I loved the apple flavor and what the pear did to it. I forgot to put the sugar on top of the biscuit mix though. It still tasted really good!
Oct 27, 2011
Tasty! I usually cut up my own fruit, but really enjoy recipes such as this to bring when we RV. I put as many ingredients together as possible in a zip lock bag with instructions.