Ginger-Lime Pear Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground ginger
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and ground ginger. Stir in the pears, crystallized ginger and lime juice; set aside.
- Pour butter into an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, lime zest, salt and ginger. Stir in milk. Pour over butter (do not stir). Spoon pear mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 281 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 19, 2013
I love this! Next time I will cut back the sugars back by at least half. The pears add more than enough sweetness. Wonderful warm with ice cream.
Sep 11, 2013
It was good. Mine came out kind of runny and I'm not sure why. I would probably put more batter on it next time because there was more pear stuff and not much of the batter part which my kids love!
Mar 10, 2013
Easy, delicious. I did not have crystallized ginger on hand, so used a little cinnamon. My husband came close to eating a 9x9 himself. Next time I will make a little larger recipe with the pears. Will definitely make again. Made it with apples but my family did not like it as well. Thank you for this recipe.
Sep 11, 2008
I had ginger spiced pears left over from when I canned yesteday and used them in this recipe this morning. I did not have lime so subbed lemon, I also reduced the sugar as my pear mixture was already cooked in light syrup...it came out excellent! I served it warm with sour cream. I will keep this recipe, it is a perfect cobbler for my canned pears.Great recipe...and very easy.