- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups fresh or frozen sliced peeled peaches, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients. Add peaches and toss to combine. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. or 8-in. square baking dish. Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, rosemary and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix water and extracts; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls over peach mixture. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm. If desired, top with ice cream.
1 serving (calculated without ice cream): 314 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 347mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.