Peach Cobbler Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup diced peeled peaches
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in water and extracts. Stir in peaches. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 182 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 29, 2017
We enjoyed it for sure but I wouldn't rave about it. I added 1/2 tsp cinnamon and turned out I only had 1/3 cup pecans on hand. And I doubled the peaches but still just a very subtle peach flavor. like I said, we liked it, but enjoy our banana bread and zuccini bread recipes more.
Aug 19, 2016
I've made this bread 3 times now - absolutely delicious!! So says everyone who has tried as well!! Thanks for sharing :)
Aug 14, 2015
This recipe is awesome, thank you for sharing it. I omitted the pecans for our kids, although I am sure it's sooooooo delicious with them. :) I make homemade vanilla and used about 1 Tablespoon instead of a teaspoon and I tripled the peaches....love, love the flavor, just wasn't sure 1 cup would add enough. I like that this recipe doesn't use oil and uses a minimal amt. of butter. It's superb and is going to stay in my go to recipe file! Thanks again for sharing it. One loaf doesn't last long, back to making more!!!! :)
Aug 10, 2015
This loaf is delicious! So Peachy & tender!!! My son is not a pecan fan, so I omitted them & made a glaze out of brown sugar, water & vanilla to drizzle over top. Will definitely make this again.
Sep 6, 2014
My family was a little underwhelmed with the peach flavor in this recipe....even though we used fresh, ripe peaches. The consistency was right on though and we enjoyed the extra crunch of the topping. Probably not going to be a go to recipe, but was nice for a change of pace.
Aug 25, 2014
We have some glorious peaches, in SC. This year, we are rolling in them. I found this recipe, but tweaked it just a little. For my topping, I used Brown Sugar & 1/2 cup of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal (Almond). The results are outstanding! I immediately baked a second loaf & put it in the freezer. This will be going in my recipe box. It's a keeper!!!
Aug 3, 2014
Sounds yummy! Does this have a nice strong peach flavor?
Jul 29, 2014
Great recipe. I have made this bread three times in two weeks. I used less sugar and made into 3 mini loaves or 12 muffins. They all turned out beautifully. Friends and family love it. My new favorite!
Sep 22, 2013
Big hit at our house. I cut the sugar in half because my family prefers less sweet breads and I thought that with the sweetness of the peaches, 1 c. of sugar would be too much. We really enjoyed it.
Sep 4, 2013
Fantastic! The recipe is right though, don't remove the loaf from the pan for 10-15 minutes!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.