Peachy Peach Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
Makes2 mini loaves
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Peach preserves
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Drain peaches, reserving 1/4 cup syrup. Finely chop 1 cup of peaches; set aside. Place remaining peaches and reserved syrup in a blender or food processor; add eggs and butter. Cover and process until smooth. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the pecans and chopped peaches.
- Spoon into two greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve with peach preserves.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 324 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
May 3, 2016
It was good but not great. But I did use peaches packed in juice not syrup so that probably makes a difference.
Mar 23, 2011
I don't have the size of pan it called for so I used my regular 9 inch loaf pan...it made 1 loaf
Mar 23, 2011
this is my daughters new favourite bread, so yummy!
Jan 3, 2011
ausome i had a ton of canned peaches given to me and i finially was able to enjoy them a different way.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.