Peach French Toast
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 12 slices day-old French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 5 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with peaches. Arrange bread over peaches.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla; slowly pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center of French toast comes out clean. Serve with a spoon.
Nutrition Facts2 pieces: 547 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 202mg cholesterol, 438mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (56g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Jan 26, 2016
I love this recipe and make it all the time. I add chopped pecans and a little bourbon to the sauce. Serve it with ham slices for a delicious brunch!
Aug 27, 2014
It was my first time making this dish and I will definitely try it again!
Mar 8, 2014
This is my family's favorite Christmas morning dish.
Mar 31, 2013
I tried it on Easter and it was a hit! Wonderful to make it up the night before and just pop it in the oven in the morning. Definitely a keeper!
Nov 17, 2012
This recipe always brings rave reviews! Whenever the family gets together for brunch Peach French Toast brings smiles to all faces.
May 9, 2011
Made this a brunch was a major hit. I've double the recipe. I also use a 15oz can of peaches in the single recipe my family loves peaches.
Mar 27, 2011
Very easy and tasty. Made this for the girls at work for breakfast one day and they loved it! I ate leftovers for a couple days and it was still good too.
Aug 8, 2010
This is excellent- my whole family looks forward to this dish.......I make it often!!
Jun 25, 2010
THIS RECIPE WAS EXCELLENT TASTEING AND EASY TO MAKE
Mar 30, 2010
this is really good!!!!!!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.