Pear-Stuffed French Vanilla Toast
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 large pear, peeled and sliced (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 4 cups cubed day-old French bread (1-1/2 inch pieces)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups French vanilla ice cream, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and butter. Spread onto bottom of a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Layer with pear, raisins, bread cubes and pecans.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, ice cream, cinnamon and vanilla until blended; pour over top. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 21, 2016
Made this yesterday and loved it! I, too, used half and half instead of ice cream and I used a pear plus an apple. Tasty way to use day-old French bread. I will definitely be making this again.
Feb 18, 2016
Pear-Stuffed French Toast was excellent. My family absolutely loved it and good the next day also. Only change I made was that I used half and half instead of ice cream as that's what I had available at the time. Enjoy, Patricia M., Shakopee, MN