Favorite Garbanzo Bean Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup whole ripe olives, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash dried oregano
- In a bowl, combine the beans, onion, olives, peppers, celery and Parmesan cheese. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 273 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 6, 2018
Absolutely delicious! Just made it for the second time, only changes i made this time was a little less olive oil and more chopped vegetables
Jun 5, 2016
Great salad have made a few times.
Mar 30, 2012
I love this salad and make it a lot. I usually sustitutte whatever vegetable I have on hand and its always delicious!
Oct 13, 2011
This was very tasty! I used green onions vs. the red. And of course it had to have garlic. I also added 2T. lemon juice and a T. of fresh mint. I would definitely make it again.