Carrot Mushroom Stir-Fry
"This savory combination of carrots with mushrooms is irresistible," relates Jacqueline Thompson Graves of Lawrenceville, Georgia. More Mushroom Side Dishes »
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 to 8 medium carrots (1 pound), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, optional
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 5 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet over medium heat, stir-fry carrots in butter if desired and oil for 7 minutes. Add mushrooms and onions; cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in lemon juice, salt if desired and pepper.