Shoepeg Corn Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 18 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with the cracker crumbs; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 327 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 794mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Dec 8, 2019
My mother-in-laws 1980 version doesn't have green pepper, but it does have sliced water chestnuts, drained, and a 1/2 tsp garlic powder in the melted butter. Still a family fave.
Jul 9, 2017
This corn casserole is great with any main dish!
Jun 13, 2017
This is delicious!
Aug 9, 2016
I was looking for a corn casserole that was different from my same old one. Came across this one and I'm glad I did! It was delicious! Gold creamy goodness.
Nov 28, 2015
Family loved this much better than recipes that includes cornbread. It is a keeper.
Feb 27, 2014
I used two 10-ounce packages of Green Giant Steamers Shoepeg White Corn & Butter Sauce which I had on hand instead of the canned. Also used low-fat sour cream, reduced-fat cheddar cheese, and 1 tablespoon of light melted butter. Still came out delicious.A side dish everyone will enjoy.
Nov 19, 2012
This is so delicious! Healthy - no! But yummy - yes!
Mar 29, 2012
I made this recipe and immediately knew I would make it often. It was a hit with all the family members. Love, Love, Love it!!!
Oct 25, 2011
Nice change for a corn casserole. The hubby LOVED it. I will be making this again.
Dec 18, 2010
I made this recipe a few times for potlucks and family holiday dinners. It was a big hit and everyone wanted to know the recipe.