Mushroom Corn Chowder
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery with leaves
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large saucepan, saute the carrots, celery, mushrooms and onions in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, milk, corn, ham and seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in cheese. Cook and stir 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 184 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 652mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Mar 8, 2016
Easy and very flavorful
Mar 29, 2011
Quick, easy and the whole family loves this!
Dec 13, 2010
my family loves this recipe! there are only five of us but I always double it anyway. If I don't have ham on hand I substitute a few slices of crumbled cooked bacon. It is always great.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.