Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded Gouda or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup chopped arugula or fresh baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake on a lower oven rack 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked quiche. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 350°. Place quiche on a baking sheet; cover edge loosely with foil. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted in the center to come out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 422 calories, 33g fat (18g saturated fat), 207mg cholesterol, 452mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Sep 18, 2016
Delicious! We loved the combination of the gouda with the mushrooms and the little extra kick from the arugula. I did switch out some of the cream with milk to lighten it up a little and it was still very flavorful and had good texture.
Jul 14, 2016
Excellent! I skipped the pie crust and just poured the mixture in a buttered pan and baked as directed. Will definitely make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.